Monday, August 3, 2015

Nineteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time

Elijah receives bread
My Companions pray with me: Lord, let us glorify by receiving Your life and following the calling you have given us. Forgive us when we give-up and allow our frustrations to overwhelm us. Thank You for our daily bread and the life You give us. Please comfort all who suffer physical, emotional, and spiritual pain. Provide us with all we need and bring all our ancestors and friends to eternal life. Amen

Companion Events: Birthdays:  Gary Carnegie (8/7), Dave Himpelmann (8/8). Anniversary:Beverly and Larry Grau (7/28/1962) In memoriamPhil Bammer (8/7/2011), Jean Lay (8/8/199), Linda Rose Lake (8/9/2014).

Keeping In-touch: I made my commitment to become a candidate for Ward 1 City Council Representative Thursday evening. Please pray for me that my response to this calling resonates with the voters of our Ward. Campaigning will keep me busy throughout the Fall. I appreciate your prayers as I move forward. Then we "headed for the hills" for a wonderful time camping with the Kobzas. After Mass on Sunday at Our Lady of the Mountains in Woodland Park, we learned that Tim Weed (Marge's nephew who is in the seminary at Notre Dame) was visiting near by; he was able to join us at the campground for lunch.

Decision Point: Decision Point: The Eucharist

The Readings: Nineteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time 

Some CommentaryFr. John Foley, S. J. 

My comments and an invitation for your comments:  
This powerful event in the life of Elijah brought me a great challenge early in my college days: The Lord tells us all "I give you life; get up and continue on your journey."

No comments:

Post a Comment