Monday, July 27, 2015

Eighteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time

My Companions pray with me: Lord, let us glorify You as with lives of service and love of others. Forgive us when we fail to acknowledge Your gift of life, ignore Your graces, and seek another way. Thank You for our daily bread and all the gifts we receive. Please provide all that we need; comfort those who suffer physical, emotional, and spiritual pain. Amen

Companion Events: Birthdays:  Michael Schnitzer (7/27), Marie Friedemann (7/28), Ted McMurdo. (7/29), Karen (Norton) Graveland (8/1), Maggie (Wdowiarz) Lay. Anniversary: Beverly and Larry Grau (7/28/1962) In memoriam: John Lay (7/28/1963).

Keeping In-touch: We kept busy around the house, Marge with her cooking and cleaning and I fixing our deck with my good friend, Gary. We look forward to camping in the Mountains. We're expecting some temperatures in the 90s, so the natural air-conditioning will feel good.

Decision Point: Decision Point: The Epidemic

The Readings: Eighteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time 

Some CommentaryFr. John Foley, S. J. 

My comments and an invitation for your comments:  
Like the Hebrews in the desert, I grumble and too often fail to notice Christ's presence among us. I will work this week to more fully respond to The Bread of Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment