Monday, March 16, 2015

Fifth Sunday of Lent

My Companions pray with me: Lord, may we bring You glory by allowing our egos to die and bring fruit 100 fold. Forgive us for our fear of the "little deaths" of our life and anxiety about death and dying. Thank You for all Your glorious gifts. Please bless us with all we need for full lives that bring You glory.

Companion Events: Bithdays: Suzie Perry (3/16), Charlie Stevens (3/17), Lindsay Smith (3/17), Rick Dunn (3/17), Trish Buckley (3/17), Bob Weed (3/18), Christine Norton (3/19), Karen Carnegie (3/22).  In memoriam: Myron DeFrancia  (3/17/2012).

Keeping In-touch: We have enjoyed the lamb part of March lately. Tennis and keeping our steps up bring us great appreciation for these warm days.


Decision Point: Bear Bait

The Readings: Fifth Sunday of Lent

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.

My comments and an invitation for your comments: 

Jesus knew the leaders were "out to get him." I think we, too, know when others want to "bring us down." We want to expect the best from all, but some are just misguided.
I avoid many "little deaths." Oh help me Lord to know that You will bring fruit from my little sufferings.

Comments, Reflections, Insights...

No comments:

Post a Comment