Thursday, February 12, 2015

Sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time

My Companions pray with me: Lord, may we give You praise when we offer our pains and struggles to You. Forgive us when we complain or otherwise fail to bring joy and unity to our little corners of the word. Thank You for all Your wonderful gifts, especially when we enjoy good health and find joy in companionship. Please continue to bless us especially all on our many prayer list; be with Deacon Richard in his hospice experience. And please guide us as we finish our planning and registrations for our Retreat for Men.

Companion Events: Bithdays: Avery Elizabeth Johnson (2/10), Bob Romadka (2/11), Lori Beth (Lay) Gulmantovicz (2/14).

Keeping In-touch: I'm late this week. I have kept busy with recovering from a bump at the tennis social Friday evening, reconnecting with an old friend, serving Decision Point and Gospel sharing users, and planning our Retreat for Men. Marge has a new passion: embroidery and quilting. She doesn't seem to mind any more if I'm not around :(

Decision Point: Decision Point: - Unexpected Gifts

The Readings: Sixth Sunday of Ordinary Time

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.

My comments and an invitation for your comments: 
Here is my prayerful reflection on this Gospel of "calling out to be healed": Jesus, if you wish, you can make me clean! You can take away all the pain I feel from the alienation I experience from my brothers who strike-out and (inadvertently??) mistreat me with their words or actions. You know the hearts of others; I do not. You know their focus, their anxieties; I do not. But You also know the pain I undergo when we become separated from one another. You can make me clean. And You can help me clean-up the alienation from my self, my brothers and sisters, my world, and God.

Comments, Reflections, Insights...

No comments:

Post a Comment