Monday, November 10, 2014

Thirty-third Sunday in Ordinary Time

My Companions pray with me: May we bring You glory Lord by aligning all that we treasure with Your unconditional love. May we find complete sorrow for our failings and selfishness. May our hearts be filled with gratitude as we thank You for the life You have given us. Please provide for all our needs: especially help the poor in our area as the days turn cold, be with Cindi as the doctors work to repair her knee, and continue to bring Matthew strength in his recovery from his stroke.

Companion Events: Birthdays Diane Blanchard (11/13), Jim Shato (11/15) Christian Koman (11/16) .  In memoriam: Louise (Kilday) Smith (11/16/2005).

Keeping In-touch:  Our weather has given us additional time for outdoor activities: tennis... And the highlight for this week came when the Broomfield Boys Soccer Team won the State Championship! Marge and I connected and shared meals with special friends. As always our days passed quickly. We're expecting to say good-bye to our first cough/cold of the season this week.

Decision Point: Decision Point: What's holding you back?

The Readings: Thirty-third Sunday in Ordinary Time

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.
update

My comments and an invitation for your comments: 
I have found the treasures in my life (most importantly, my Bride and my work) and, in a sense, have sold all I am for them. I thank the Lord for these fortunate discoveries and pray that together with these treasures I serve Him well and bring His joy more fully to the world. Let us all take the treasures entrusted to us by Our Lord, invest all our ourselves in them for His glory, and live as faithful servants.

Comments, Reflections, Insights...

No comments:

Post a Comment