Monday, August 4, 2014

Nineteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time

My Companions pray with me: Let us give glory to the Father through the Son and the Holy Spirit. We detest all our thoughts, words, or actions that alienate us from one another and from You, Oh Lord; forgive us our sins. We have hearts of gratitude and know that You will call us to Yourself and never allow us to sink; thank You for your love and Your mercy. Please provide for all our needs especially health for our companions who fight sickness in mind and body; help us to use Your gifts to bring You glory. Amen
//
Birthdays Gary Carnegie (8/7); In memoriam: Lina Kilday (8/6/1958), Phil Bammer (8/7/2011), Jean Lay (8/8/1992),  Linda Rose Lake (8/9/13), Dcn. Michael Howard (8/10/2011).

Keeping In-touch:  As you can see from the preceding blog post, Bill Prymak died last Wednesday. We pray that he rests in peace. We enjoyed a more restful week with some lovely rain and cooler temperatures last. As often happens, we fix one thing and another falls apart: the garage door spring broke but youtube videos and the help of friends will help us fight Murphy's Law!

The Readings: Nineteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.

My comments and an invitation for your comments: 

Often I can act just like Peter, "Call me Lord." then I loose confidence and hope: I begin to sink and then I moan and complain, "...help me Lord!" In those moments I, sooner or later, realize that I have not taken the time to quiet myself and listen for The Lord's soft message to me. I have not taken the time to rest in His love.  I will try to listen better this week.
John

Comments, Reflections, Insights...

1 comment: