Friday, May 2, 2014

Third Sunday of Easter


My Companions pray with me: In our moments of longing for You Lord, may we bring You glory. Forgive us our failure to be in-touch with our burning hearts that long to live in Your love. Thank you for all Your gifts especially the gifts of companionship and hope. And please provide all that we need physically, emotionally, and spiritually and praise you in Jesus' name.

Birthdays: Rae Ryan (5/1), Anna Margaret DeBaar (5/3), Tom Reynolds (5/3); Anniversaries: Al & Teresa Hardy (5/2/87); In memoriam: Elaine Hebert (5/2/2013).

Keeping In-touch: We enjoyed our visit with our California Kids.  We celebrated David's 2nd birthday and Makayla's 4th. They are filled with life & energy. Marge flew from the Left Coast to the Right Coast to celebrate with her friends Gail and Sallie. I came home to finish classes and begin Summer session. So this blog post is late... The colors and fragrance of Spring fill my senses (and keep me sneezing and blowing my nose!). We hope you're celebrating all the new life around you.

The Readings: Third Sunday of Easter

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.


My comments and an invitation for your comments:  This is a Gospel account that has touched my soul. When I did Christian clowning and puppetry we were The Emmaus Troubadours and my work with online religious education and community building takes place as The Emmaus Institute. It is in companionship (with-bread-to shape) that we experience the living Christ among us, we become the Body of Christ.
John

Comments, Reflections, Insights...

No comments:

Post a Comment