Monday, February 17, 2014

Seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time

My Companions pray with me: LORD, may Your name be glorified by our love for our enemies, please forgive us when we fail to do so, thank you especially for Your gift of mercy, and give us all we need this week to live lives filled with love and mercy.

Birthdays: Byron Plumley (2/18), Chloe Carlson (2/21), Tony Gulmantovicz (2/22), Mitch Ross (2/23), Michele Lay (2/23). In memoriam: Pat Bruno (2/18/2013), Richard Smith Jr (2/18/1968).
 
Keeping In-touch: We're enjoying the balmy weather here (60° +) as we watch our friends and neighbors to the East being bombed with snow and cold. We're also enjoying watching the Winter Olympics.
The Readings: Seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.
My comments and an invitation for your comments: 

We are all called to be saints. It is soooo difficult to love those who hurt us, to pray for our enemies. But that's the challenge of this Gospel.
And I have found that, when I examine the actions of my enemies, the behaviors that hurt me, I notice that I have the potential to act likewise toward others. This is behind the need to forgive and love our selves for we can be our own worst enemies.
If we choose the path of "on my way to perfect," we must accept God's awesome love for us and pass that commitment for the satisfaction, security, and development to all our brothers and sisters... especially our enemies, those who hurt us.

John

Comments, Reflections, Insights...

No comments:

Post a Comment