Sunday, February 9, 2014

My Companions pray with me: LORD, may we give You glory by following Your commandments. May we know Your awesome love for us and how Your commands bring us the fullness of life. Forgive us for our failures to follow. Thank You for Your great love. And please provide us all we need: guide the surgeon at Larry Grau's operation this week. 


Birthdays:  Avery Johnson (2/10), Mohamed Lofty (2/10), Bob Romadka (2/11), Jim Makin (2/11), Lori Beth (Lay) Gulmantovicz (2/14), Mary Throne (2/16), Matthew Lay (2/16).
 
Keeping In-touch: We're enjoying the Winter Olympics and a bit of a thaw in our weather. Otherwise, we're living the high-life!
The Readings: Sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.
My comments and an invitation for your comments: The Gospel challenges me to check my anger and my cravings. It's so much easier to condemn all the junk we encounter rather than live with compassion and withhold judgments.



John

No comments:

Post a Comment