Thursday, June 17, 2010

Twelfth Sunday in Ordinary Time


My Companions: Let us pray that our eyes and hearts open to the revelation of Jesus as he turns to us and asks, "Who do you say I am?"  Lord, help us know your glory as we become one with the One who suffered and died because of our selfishness and greed.  Help us turn to one another in loving kindness and be the mind and heart and hands of Love in our community.  Help us live with compassion and bring joy to all who suffer and all who celebrate Your glory in our midst. My friend Tom Duggan's brother, Pat, is receiving home hospice care and in his last days and my colleague, Gina Leyba, told me that her brother, Daniel, was rushed to the hospital with heart problems... please be with them Lord.

Birthdays: Andrew Kornacki (6/15), Jim Frodl (6/19), Stephen Lay (6/19), Greg Serveiss (6/20)
Anniversaries: Tom Feely (d. 6/20)

Keeping-in-touch: We enjoyed meeting and listening to Noel Sheth S.J. from India who shared his experince and scholarship on Hindu and Christian thought and practice: "Avatars & Incarnation."  This opened my eyes, again, to the Mystery of the Incarnation.  And Marge voiced the second reading: In Christ there is no male/female; Jew/Gentile, master or slave. I fought a flu bug or something which made me think again of others who are really sick; we count our blessings for our good health.  We're enjoying summer and looking forward to camping with our SCC and Julianne and Charlie.  Marge's garden took a terrible hit of 3" of hail but she's nursing her plants and enjoys her farming activities.

The ReadingsTwelfth Sunday in Ordinary Time

Comments on the readings: Fr. Foley: And then, at last, Jesus asked the question that meant the most to him. It is the heart of the Gospel and the root of Jesus’ heart:  “But who do you say that I am?”
My Comments: I've always told my students that their answer to this crucial question of Jesus, "Who do you say I am?" probably says more about them than it does about Jesus!  Hopefully we can move beyond our projections and appreciate the revelation of Christ.

May the peace of Christ be with each of you.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment