Friday, May 22, 2009

Gary Dixon 2/28/47 - 5/20/09


I received one of "those" calls while in a meeting at Regis yesterday. "... Gary died last night." Kim told me. (see obituary at http://hosting.9871.tributes.com/show/Gary-Dixon-85954970 )


My friend loved life! He loved his beautiful Bride, Kim, and he loved his children, Amanda and Matthew. His family and all his friends will always re-member his zest for life. He always filled the room with energy, the energy he embodied from the love he found in nature, in people, in his inner self and in his relationship with the Lord.


Gary didn't have to tell you about "abundant life." He lived it: in the mountains, on the golf course, on the tennis court, in his garden, in the classroom or where ever life can be found.


He honored me by asking me to stand as best man at his wedding and I am so proud of the sacramental sign of Christ the marriage of Kim and Gary has been. Through them we have known the love of God and have loved God in return. He honored me by calling me "friend."


So I have taken some time to read the story of Lazarus: how Jesus loved him and how Jesus asks (us) if we believe: http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible_hold/john/john11.htm and I invite you to join me as I think of the way Gary lived life and trusts in The Good Shepherd http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/john/john10.htm#v10


Let us celebrate his life... and the Life we are called to share now and forever more.


Mr Gary Donald Dixon
BORN: February 28, 1947
DIED: May 20, 2009

Visitation:
Tuesday May 26 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Renaissance Funeral Home
7615 Six Forks Road
Raleigh, NC
Funeral Service:
Wednesday May 27 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
St. Raphael the Archangel Catholic Church
5801 Falls of Neuse Road
Raleigh, NC
Interment:
Wednesday May 27 5:00 PM to 5:15 PM
St. Raphael the Archangel Catholic Church Columbarium
5801 Falls of Neuse Road
Raleigh, NC

No comments:

Post a Comment