Monday, May 18, 2009

Ascension of the Lord


My Companions: I am most appreciative in my prayer these days for the wonderful spring weather; we can enjoy the out-of-doors and see new life all around us. Let’s pray for all the graduates and celebrate their success. Remember all those looking for work. I have added my friend Timothy Strick, who is checking on some memory problems and Fr Ed Hoffmann who will leave parish life for the Monastery, but take time to read through our list..
Birthdays this week: open calendar this week.
Keeping-in-touch: I’m very appreciative of the help I received from my friend, Gary, as we put up a new fence and gate at the front of the house. We attended some graduation parties and visited with friends we had not seen for a while. I played some tennis and hit the ball fairly well at Nativity men’s softball. Well the big news last week was our pastor, Fr Ed Hoffmann, told the people of Nativity that he will return to the monastery at Snowmass in July; we will have a new pastor and we hope Fr Ed finds peace in his new environment.

The Readings:
http://www.usccb.org/nab/052409b.shtml
Comments on the Readings: Fr. Foley: “The immense act of modest love that was the resurrection is poured into us and is called the Holy Spirit.”
http://www.liturgy.slu.edu/7EasterB052409/reflections_foley.html
My Comments: In a special way, may we tune into the Holy Spirit as we celebrate the Ascension of the Lord!


May the peace of Christ be with each of you.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment