Thursday, July 17, 2008

July 20, 2008: Sixteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time


My Companions:
Randy shared an email (see comment on last week) of the trauma that Sophie experiences over her missing daughter.

Keeping in-touch:
We delightedly shared in the wedding celebration and reception of Patrick and Candice Brannan in Colorado Springs: the love in the Sacramental Celebration will sign Christ’s Love for years to come. My trip to Las Vegas for Regis was eventful and it’s always good to work together. The rest of the week we have prepared for the arrival of our grown children and the grand children as we prepare for Rachel and Peter’s Wedding.

The Readings:
http://www.usccb.org/nab/072008.shtml

Comments on the Readings
Fr. Foley builds his reflections on the theme of forgiveness. http://www.liturgy.slu.edu/16OrdA072008/reflections_foley.html


My Reflections
So many times I pray for the Lord to rid this world of evil. (I guess it’s the American Way to want to go after “the axis of evil.”) Somehow Our Lord seems to be able to “write straight with crooked lines.” God even seems to take the shadow side of my own life bring me to good!

Can you think of a time that the Lord seemed to make something good come out of “weeds” that you would have eradicated earlier?

May the peace of Christ be with each of you.

John

1 comment:

  1. I just talked to Kim Dixon and Gary has to go to the hospital tomorrow... they will cut out 18 or so lymph nodes (melanoma). Please keep Gary and his family in your prayers...

    ReplyDelete