Monday, June 16, 2008

June 22, 2008 Twelfth Sunday in Ordinary Time

My Companions:

I have good news that my sister, Judi Cole, surgery was successful and now we will continue to pray for the recovery of her lungs. My sister-in-law, Judy Lay, went to the hospital on Wednesday so please continue to pray for her. And I have added our niece, Molly Komon, to our list as she struggles with her disease. And we just learned that 5 yr old Anna Margaret (My Maggie's Niece's daughter in MI) has a hole in her heart, that she may have had since birth, which the doctors will perform surgery on to fix.

I invited Mary Jane and Lou Burgess of Kilrush, County Clare, Ireland to my "Companions email distribution list." It will be good to have prayers from the other side of the Big Pond.

Keeping in-touch:

We thoroughly enjoyed our trip to Ireland... we met wonderful friends and visited beautiful sights (visit our blog laysinireland.blogspot.com). And I'm having a difficult time adjusting to reality... but I shot my best round of golf that I can remember with my friend, Ted: 96 strokes! I will try to update this on Mondays but give no promises!

The Readings:
June 22nd: Twelfth Sunday in Ordinary Time
http://www.usccb.org/nab/readings/062208.shtml

Comments on the Readings
Fr. Foley's reflections on the Readings challenge us to reflect on the wonder of God's love for each of us.

Of course we do not look like the models on the store magazines, but can you even imagine what God sees as God looks at each of us? From where do our standards of beauty, good and truth come?
http://www.liturgy.slu.edu/12OrdA062208/reflections_foley.html

My Reflections
Not one of the sparrows falls to the ground without the Father's knowledge but that does not mean we do not witness the poor little bird that meets the picture window at warp speed or the fowl that lie dead at the side of the road! Too often we ask the Lord to "make things right" (and we mean, "as we would have it) when we should simply be amazed at the unconditional love the Lord offers us and humbly expect the fullness of God's promise.

May the peace of Christ be with each of you.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment