Monday, June 22, 2015

Thirteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time

My Companions pray with me: Lord, let us know Your love and Your healing power and give You praise. Forgive our lack of faith and for not seeking You for all we need. Thank You for all the gifts You give us, especially our health and life itself. We ask for all our needs and ask You to bless all of our Companions and our petitions. Amen

Companion Events: Birthdays: Nancy Mulligan (6/23), Callie Nicole Johnson (6/27), Elisabeth Jane [Ellie] Lay (6/27), Stephen Lay (6/19), Leo Albiniak (6/28). In memoriamSymantha Carnegie (6/26/2012)

Keeping In-touch: Summer arrived in a heat wave. I was able to play in the USTA District 6.0 Mixed Doubles Intermountain  District Tournament. Our team did very well; me, not so much. Temps were in the 90s. My out-a-town girls call me for Father's Day and Lori Beth and Matt came to visit. We're looking forward to our camping trip to Rocky Mountain National Park and Mount Rushmore.

Decision Point: Choose Your Friends Wisely

The Readings: Thirteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time 

Some CommentaryFr. John Foley, S. J. 

My comments and an invitation for your comments:  
This week Mark, the Evangelist, sandwiches his story of Jairus faith between that of the woman with a hemorrhage and her great faith. In this I hear a call to turn my troubles to The Lord and to include The Lord in all my joys in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment