Monday, November 24, 2014

First Sunday of Advent

My Companions pray with me: Lord, You dream that we live fully and become our best selves. May we make that dream real and bring You Glory. Please forgive our small and selfish thoughts, words, and deeds. Help us forgive those who hurt us; often they don't realize their best self. Thank You, especially this week when we have a day set aside for Thanksgiving, for all Your wonderful blessings. We lift up all who suffer physically, emotionally, and spiritually; we know You want them to experience Your mercy and love.

Companion Events: In memoriam: Chuck Weingart (11/28/1991).
.
Keeping In-touch:  While our relatives and friends in Michigan and New York received a dumping of lake-effect snow we enjoyed a break from our shivering frosty conditions of last week. There were many meetings this week... and I picked-up tasks even from the ones I didn't attend.

Decision Point: Decision Point: The Problem and the Solution

The Readings: The Solemnity of Our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Universe

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.

My comments and an invitation for your comments: 
Our Jewish ancestors expected the Lord to care for them and send a messiah. They knew the Lord wanted more for them. I know more each day my need for the Lord. And I pray that I will know and follow His will. I can not imagine how much more joy I will experience each day of my life if I will listen, hear, and follow His great expectations for me. And, as for the Second Coming, I know my feeble imagination will fail to even approach the Lord in all His glory.


Comments, Reflections, Insights...

No comments:

Post a Comment