Monday, September 22, 2014

Twenty-sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time

My Companions pray with me: We praise You, Lord, in the morning, noon, and at night. We always wish to sing of Your glory. Count not our alienating thoughts, words, or deeds. Let Your love and Your mercy transform us. Thank You for all Your gifts and blessings. And help us with all we need to serve You, all we need to be whole and filled with Your Holy Spirit. Especially bless all those on our prayers lists. Comfort all who are torn by war: the physical wars that are fought between peoples and the spiritual wars that rip people apart. Also welcome "Rocky" DiPetrillo who died this morning to Your heavenly kingdom and comfort Debbie and all his family.


Companion Events: Birthdays Christine Lay (9/23), Hazel Quinn Figiro (9/24), Eric Olson (9/25).  Anniversary: Mary and Chuck Olson (9/23/??),  In memoriam: Tom Foley (9/23/??).

Keeping In-touch:  Our grandson, Nathan, kept us very busy at the end of last week. Together we enjoy the Broomfield Days parade and celebration activities. Earlier in the week we joined Alan and Connie at Rocky Mountain National Park and watch some majestic elk bully-bully. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner party with Bishop Paul from Uganda and Sam. I accepted some responsibilities to serve as Church

Decision Point: Your Choices Matter
     Live your best possible life.

The Readings: Twenty-sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.

My comments and an invitation for your comments: 
I sometimes act like the son who says, "Yes Lord, I will do what you ask." (although the discernment of what it is that the Lord asks me is often difficult), and then become distracted by my business. And sometimes I follow the way of the son who says, "Not now, Lord, I have other things to do." but I come to my senses and do what I've discerned is God's will for me.
Help me Lord to know Your will for me and to do it!

Comments, Reflections, Insights...

No comments:

Post a Comment