Monday, May 26, 2014

Seventh Sunday of Easter/The Ascension of the Lord

My Companions pray with me: As we believe in and live in the Resurrection of Jesus may we bring You glory in our thoughts, words, and deeds. Bring us forgiveness in Your love. Help us live with hearts of gratitude. And provide for all our needs to serve You and our neighbors.

Birthdays Michael Ross (5/26), Eloise Gerogian (5/29): Anniversaries: Linda & Larry Kent(6/1/??).

Keeping In-touch: Except for our unpredictable weather, we enjoyed another quiet week. Of course, it rained on tennis night!

The Readings: Seventh Sunday of Easter/The Ascension of the Lord

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.

My comments and an invitation for your comments: This reading makes me think of how our image framework must be radically different than that of the first followers of Jesus. Many pictures show Jesus ascending like a rocket-ship lifting through the clouds. The Star Trek and Star Wars impacts on my imagination brings me an image of "beam me up, Scotty" vaporization of Jesus into The Kingdom of God (which is everywhere...where ever God rules!). This view of the Ascension makes Christ's reality both immanent and transcendent... keeps me thinking.
John

Comments, Reflections, Insights...

No comments:

Post a Comment