Monday, February 24, 2014

Eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time

My Companions pray with me: LORD, may I give You glory by putting You first. May I forgive others and seek forgiveness because I put You first. May I live in gratitude because I put You first. And may I freely seek blessings in Your goodness because I put You first and You want me to ask. Please guide the doctors with Michelle Hardy's treatments that begin tomorrow. Please calm John Hoiland and guide his doctors in open-heart surgery 3/13. And be with Billy Maggio on his trip to Lourdes.

Birthdays: Tom Leininger (2/24), Tom Duggan (2/26).

 
Keeping In-touch: The Olympics have concluded and baseball has yet to begin...what will be the diversion in this house? I find much joy and some stress in all my Emmaus and Regis work. Marge keeps busy with her service and planning our February birthdays celebration. We're livin' the high-life.
The Readings: Eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.
My comments and an invitation for your comments: 

Ok, I will not worry about how I'll get all these papers graded; I will not worry about how I'll keep paying the house payment or these increased insurance premiums; I'll not worry about eating less and getting in shape (hey, round is a shape). I'll just be concerned...
We will always have worries. The point I take from this Gospel is, what will I put first? No matter what will happen, God will never forget me. I may need to suffer physically, intellectually, emotionally, and/or spiritually but Our Father will never forget me. So when push comes to shove, can I put The Lord first: morning prayer, thanksgiving at meals, listening in celebration and study, evening prayer.... really a true relationship with God?
It's not, "Don't worry, be happy." but "Don't worry, love God and neighbor."

No comments:

Post a Comment