Monday, August 26, 2013

Twenty-second Sunday in Ordinary Time

My Companions pray with me: LORD, help us not to seek anything but Your Will for us. Let us bring You glory by living with the dignity of Your sons and daughters. Forgive us for loosing perspective and lording over others. Thank You for all Your blessings. And please grant health and comfort to our sick, opportunities for the oppressed, and eternal life to all who precede us in death with the hope of the resurrection.


Birthdays: James Carnegie (8/26), Evan Parise (8/31).
In memoriam: Mike McClanahan (8/28/2009)
 
Keeping In-touch: Although we stayed home, our week passed-bye quickly. I played golf and tennis; Marge cared for her charges. Our friend Kim visited as she took "her baby" to college. We celebrated the summer at the Parish BBQ. We finally made arrangements for our trip to celebrate Lacey Kobza's wedding.
The Readings: Twenty-second Sunday in Ordinary Time

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.
My comments and an invitation for your comments:  I know I have nothing for which to be haughty. And I'm not a "Stargazer"; I don't keep track of movie-stars, star athletes, or other celebrities.  But I also know that I enjoy inviting friends and others who share my outlook to dinner, or tennis, or golf... This Gospel leaves me with quite a challenge to reach-out to sons and daughters of The Lord that the world does not recognize!
An Invitation: Hopefully, this blog enriches your celebration of the Liturgy at the gathering of your community each week. We do not field many "Comments, Reflections, Insights..."  Sharing your thoughts and feelings on the Gospel may enhance your celebration even more. I have another gift for you: I'll build you a small group Gospel sharing site for groups of 4 to 8 people. See an example here.
Become a Host or Hostess for your Gospel sharing group this week.
John

Comments, Reflections, Insights...

No comments:

Post a Comment