Friday, January 25, 2013

Third Sunday in Ordinary Time

My Companions pray with me: LORD, we desire so to know You, to love You and to serve You. You have placed this desire in our hearts. At our best, we seek You in all things. Thank you for our companions, those with whom we break bread. Thank you for Your love that kindles our desire for You. Forgive us for the times we have not brought good new to the poor, liberty to captives, sight to the blind, or freedom to the oppressed. Thank You for Jesus and help us to know Him and function more fully in the Body of Christ. May we dance with all your holy people and bring You glory!

Birthdays: Karen Adkins (1/28), Mary Ellen (Lay) Olson (1/29), Colleen Weed. (1/30), Paul Alexander (1/31), Vicki Schnitzer (1/31), John Kane (2/1), Mike DePriest (2/1), Ed Luckett (2/2).

Keeping In-touch:  While presenting "Inside Islam" to the St. Joseph's Mens Group at Nativity, facilitating my Regis' course "Leading Lives that Matter," and reading about the "New Evangelization" focus in our Church, I'm challenged to reflect on my relationship with Jesus and my efforts to share Good News. As much as anyone, I too have the dis-ease of busy-ness. I know I have been graced with a concrete encounter with God (Sacrament) in His Church and in Creation. I hope I have shared and do share the connection of my story with the Story of Jesus!
The week has flew-by: Marge fought-off a bug, we enjoyed some Australian Open matches, and I even played tennis (in a wind tunnel). Our weather is mild; it's almost like Spring. 
The Readings: Third Sunday in Ordinary Time

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.
My comments and an invitation for your comments:  What a joy to remember that we that we need each other: we are members of One Body! Can you imagine Jesus reading this passage from Isaiah with the revelation to himself and all present: C'est Moi!! This is me...This is what I'm called to do! What does the reading say to you?

John


Comments, Reflections, Insights...

No comments:

Post a Comment