Saturday, January 12, 2013

Feast of the Baptism of the Lord

My Companions pray with me: LORD, we would like you to claim that with us You are well pleased. We want to give you glory by living lives that are filled with Your love. We seek Your mercy for our selfishness and failures. We thank You for all the blessings we have received especially the gifts of health and of companions to share the beautiful creation You shower upon us. Give us all we need and help us to know the abundance of Your love. May we more fully respond to our baptism and live in the glory of Your Kingdom.

Birthdays: Jack Parise (1/7), Cullen Stevens (1/11), Kathy Schaefer (1/15), Mary (Dean) Norton (1/15), Martin Munoz (1/19). In Memoriam: Joseph Himpleman (1/7/60), Elizabeth Lay (1/17/93), Lina Kilday (1/18/58).

 
Keeping In-touch:  I have missed posting for the celebration of Theotokos, the Mother of God, and for the feast of The Holy Family, but I'm just under the wire for the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord. Sorry for my slacker ways. My laptop computer with all my files for teaching crashed and I had to scurry to have everything ready for the semester. Good News: I could recover what I needed. As of this morning, we have all the Christmas decorations put away, we're keeping warm by the fireplace, and waiting for the Broncos Division Championship Game. It took a day or two to recover from a disappointing Notre Dame loss but life goes on and we reflect again on real life issues. The days grow with a couple more minutes of light and we've scheduled our first four camping trips (through the fourth of July): we plan to celebrate health & a more full life!
The Readings: Feast of the Baptism of the Lord

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.
My comments and an invitation for your comments:  John the Baptist pointed to Jesus as the Christ, the Anointed One who brings the Good News of God's Kingdom among us and the promise of the fulfillment of His Kingdom to come. Let us live like we have heard and experience this Good News.

John


Comments, Reflections, Insights...

No comments:

Post a Comment