Thursday, August 23, 2012

Twenty-first Sunday in Ordinary Time

My Companions: LORD, thank you for accompanying us on our journey. Help us appreciate and acknowledge your grace and your mercy. Help us find you in our families, our friends and in all things. May we celebrate our stories and visions and connect them with the Story of your love and the Vision of the fulfillment of our lives in you. Thank you for the gift of life and your curing hand especially Marge's renewed health, forgive us for our failing to love at all times, and please give us what we need: especially health and guidance for my sister, Judi, and her daughter, Molly.

Birthdays: Katie (Lay) Johnson (8/19), James Carnegie (8/26), Evan Joshua Parise (9/1); Anniversaries: Mark & Vicky Schnitzer (8/20), Bill & Lindsay Smith (8/29); In Memoriam: Fr. Joe Hirsch (8/24/09), Mike McClanahan (8/28/09)

Keeping In-touch: Wow! almost a year has passed since I added a post to this blog... and what a year it has been. The most important news: Marge has completed her chemo infusions and we have great expectations. We also have another grandchild, David Schnitzer! The summer has been delightful with a trip to Yellowstone and a visit from the San Jose clan. We completed a course at our parish: My Life with the Saints. I invite you to login and participate in the online element here; the enrollment key is the word Saints.
I will return to sharing my prayer and preparation with you.

The Readings: Twenty-first Sunday in Ordinary Time

Some Commentary: Fr. John Foley, S. J.
My comments and an invitation for your comments: So where would we go? Peter's answer to the question of Jesus, "Will you also leave me?" strikes a cord with my experience. I have many friends and family-members who have "walked away from the church." I have also felt "used and abused," but where would I go? In spite of all the sin and idiocy I have encountered in the church (my own included), it is here I have experienced the unconditional love of Christ.

Let us share all the love we have experienced this week and always.

John

Comments, Reflections, Insights...

No comments:

Post a Comment