Monday, May 9, 2011

Fourth Sunday of Easter

My Companions: Let us sing praise to God who calls us each by name. Let us seek God's mercy for anything that keeps us from living fully and showing God's glory. And let us thank God for all good gifts.  Let us present our needs, especially our health and well being and for Linda Kent's father, Mr. Sunderman who died peacefully 5/3.

Birthdays: Patrick Norton (5/8), Connie Kobza (5/10). Anniversary: Katie & Jim Frodl (5/11).

Keeping In-touch: Just a little news:  I lost my first team league mixed-doubles tennis match, so there is room for improvement. Our nephew, Tim Weed, was accepted this weekend to attend seminary with the Holy Cross Fathers at Notre Dame.  Congratulations Tim!  We will pray for you in your studies and your discernment process.  And we expect your prayers.

The Readings: Fourth Sunday of Easter

Fr. Foley's Reflections: Sheepish?

My comments... and an invitation for your insights: I never wanted to be a follower and don't really care to be likened to sheep.  I'm pretty proud and believe I can "turn myself over" and/or "find green pastures."  But lately, I have great joy in communion with others who know that our Shepherd calls us each by name and desires, for us, abundant life!

No comments:

Post a Comment