Monday, November 15, 2010

The Solemnity of Christ the King

My Companions: Let's pray in thanksgiving for all the gifts of our Loving God.  Let's pray for all in need of our prayer.  And let us pray that we grow in the wisdom of Christ the King who suffered for all and brings love and hope to all.
Birthdays: Clarley Stevens (10/11), Nathan Gulmantovicz (10/15), Ken Lay (10/15), Josh Parise (10/19), Clinton Ross (10/22), Don Lay (10/24), Jason Schnitzer (10/27), Hayley Foresman (10/27), Tim Weed (10/28), Mike Lay (10/31), Lugaid Brugha (11/2), Elonore Kobza (11/4), Larry Pribyl (11/4), George Stevens (11/17), Megan (Lay) Stevens (11/19), Lacey Kobza (11/21).  Anniversaries: Elizabeth Lay (d. 11/17), Carol & Andy Ondish (11/22), Larry & Judy Lay (11/29), Shelley & Ken Lay (11/1),

Keeping in-touch: As we prepare to celebrate this feast of Christ the King, a King who hangs on a cross, I'm struck that this is the last Sunday of our Church year: the next Sunday is the First Sunday of Advent.  So much has happened this last year and I, for one, have had trouble keeping-up on this treadmill of everyday life.  I've missed too many blog posts, passed-up exercise periods, neglected letters or cards I wanted to send and on, and on...  It's is good to have a new start!

The Readings: The Solemnity of Christ the King

Comments on the Readings: Fr. Foley, "Why should a kind man, one of the people, have to suffer? Because he was one of us. Why do we have to suffer? Because that is the way of the world. Why didn’t Christ the King change the world and make things perfect? He did, but not in the way we had expected."
My comments: Like many others, I often want a royal king to fix all the suffering and right all the wrongs.  A suffering king challenges me so much to look for what is really important.  Maybe with more prayer and fasting I can open myself to the wisdom the Lord wishes to show me today and every day.

May the peace of Christ be with each of you,

John

1 comment: