Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Twenty-eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time



My Companions: I ask you to pray this week with me for Emily and for all the women who chose life in difficult situations. We met Emily this week; she has nurtured the life within her and will give the new born son to Lori Beth and Tony when he is born, any day now. Pray also for all who enjoy health or renewed health; especially my father who hear good news from his medical tests. Let’s also pray for wisdom and seek that first; we’re told that the Lord will take care of the rest! As always, review our lists and let me know of your special prayers of praise, thanksgiving or other’s needs.

Birthdays Bill Smith 10/8, Cameron Stevens 10/8, Judy Lay 10/8 Anniversary: Mary & Patrick Norton 10/10

Keeping-in-touch: The moss doesn’t grow on anyone ‘round here. The rhythm of the academic year has beaten a rapid cadence already. And the seeds I’ve sown for The Emmaus Institute have begun to take root. I have a special excitement about the Interfaith Dialogue program and some other special projects. I had a wonderful trip to work with my friends in Las Vegas: that’s a crazy town with some amazing “regular” people. The anticipation of new life continues to increase in this family… we’re so richly blessed.

The Readings:

Comments on the Readings: Fr. Foley: …Alas, the man is not quite ready after all. “At that statement his face fell, and he went away sad, for he had many possessions.” http://www.liturgy.slu.edu/28OrdB101109/reflections_foley.html
My Comments: I often reflect on how, as my son-in-law tells his students, I have won the lotto simply because of my place of origin. With any kind of global view we must notice how rich we really are! But, shame on me when I see my glass as “half-full.” Hopefully I will grow in wisdom, let go of stuff and more fully follow Jesus.

May the peace of Christ be with each of you.

John



No comments:

Post a Comment