Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Thirtieth Sunday in Ordinary Time

My Companions: Many have asked for prayers from us. Praise God with me for the gift of new life in Nathan William and (niece) Katie’s due date is tomorrow (more signs of the glory of God). Even more good news: our Julie and Jason are “with child.” Let’s thank God for all our good fortune in supportive family and friends and ask that God heal the hurting people among us, especially those who are haunted by their histories and need a special dose of God’s gracious love and forgiveness. It sounds like brother-in-law, Patrick, has found good doctors who will treat him. On a tougher prayer front: (niece) Molly’s Huntington disease stresses her and her family especially my sister, Judi, who asks for our prayers. Don’t forget to thank God for your vocations and opportunities to use gifts and talents; pray for those unemployed or underemployed, the homeless and the victims of bad economies, wars and greed.


Birthdays: Josh Parise 10/19, Clinton Ross 10/22, Don Lay 10/24

Keeping-in-touch: All activity of Nathan’s birth, care in the ICU and welcome to Lori Beth and Tony’s home (Tuesday afternoon) made everything else seem mediocre aspects of life: even the 6-0 Bronco record. We enjoyed some beautiful warm sunny days, and now it’s snowing… gotta love it! We’re looking forward to hosting dinner with our parish priests and our small church community members tonight.  And it's only a week until the Nebraska Crew and the San Jose Crew join us for a fall family gathering.  Everything else is day by day; one foot in front of the other...

The Readings:
http://www.usccb.org/nab/102509.shtml

Comments on the Readings: Fr. Foley: “Can you and I see? If Jesus asks us, “What do you want,” how would we answer?
http://www.liturgy.slu.edu/30OrdB102509/reflections_foley.html

My Comments: I’m thinking of the crowd that tries to hush-up blind Bartimaeus because, recently, I have heard the pain of many other people. Too often I just don’t want to hear any more, I fail to see Christ in the other, and do not allow God to use my heart, my hands and my head.

May the peace of Christ be with each of you.

John



The Gulmantovicz family is doing well, at home in Henderson... how wonderful!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Lord. What a beautiful family - the Gulmantovicz/Lays.

    ReplyDelete