Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thirty-third Sunday in Ordinary Time


My Companions:
From my travels I can report that my father is doing well and we arrived in Grand Rapids to witness Mary Weed’s “bounce-back” from her very bad set-back (thank you all, for we experienced the power of prayer). This visit helped Marge very much. Judy Cole still needs prayers as she adjuBoldsts to her daughter’s decisions. I have not heard much more from all of you so I’m assuming our prayers ring gratitude, praise and forgiveness for the poor use of our talents. I have no events on my calendar this week except to celebrate the gifts of our Veterans!


Keeping-in-touch:
I can only share that no moss has grown on me. I returned from Chicago, attended a talk by Fr. Dan Groody on Immigration and headed with my lovely Bride to Grand Rapids via Lincoln. We head back early tomorrow and arrive in time to teach a class Thursday evening and attend Faculty Ignatian Scholars all day Friday. It’s a fine life! Fr. Dan’s presentation really challenged me and some of my outlook on the dire situation of these poor brothers and sisters of ours. And my experience of family has enriched my soul.


The Readings:
http://www.usccb.org/nab/111608.shtml

Comments on the Readings:
Fr. Foley helps us reflect on God’s awesome love and the value of “talent.”:



My Reflections I have to thank the Lord that I have found “a worthy wife” (first reading). I also struggle with the examination of my use of my talent (Gospel and Fr. Foley’s commentary). So many of you who read this have invested your lives so well and have been “evangelists” with your lives.

May the peace of Christ be with each of you.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment